Not too long ago, in the midst of my blogging hiatus, I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award by the ever-so lovely Shenan. The idea behind the tag is that you get to know more about your fellow bloggers and let them get to know more about you by sharing 7 facts about yourself, tagging more bloggers and so on and so on.
I’m incredibly grateful to have been nominated to do this, to tell you the truth. I’ve recently been in a huge emotional slump that has utterly diminished my desire to blog (or do anything else that requires me to not be in my pyjamas armed with chocolate and tea) . Every post I try to tackle ends up being a little too big for me to handle and so I’ve been buried under my duvet, binge-watching Pretty Little Liars (already at Season 5, what is even going on anymore).
When I was nominated to do this I actually felt something in me spark up again. This was something I really wanted to do. It was cute and didn’t seem too big. It made me feel like I was wanted in the blogging community – despite how introverted I’ve been. So, I would like to thank Shenan for thinking of me and for giving me the nudge I needed to sit at my insta-worthy (on a good day) desk and get writing, otherwise I may not have found a way back out of my pillow cave into the burning light of my laptop screen. Really, I owe you one you little babe nugget.
And without further ado, I present to you my Versatile Blogger Award: 7 facts about me.
- I have two accents; a split accent, if you will. English and Scottish. My entire family moved from Scotland down to England before me and my middle sister were born. When I speak to my family, those I grew up with, I have a distinct Scottish accent. When I speak to my friends and younger family members, I have an English accent. It’s a subconscious thing both me and my sister do and I always assume it happens because before we went to school, the only people we spoke to were Scottish. Rather than it fading, our brains learned to separate the accents and differentiate who to use it with. Disclaimer: I cannot do an impression of a Scottish accent to English people, its horrendous and I think I offend myself every time I try.
- I’m an introvert. I like my own company and if I’m around lots of people for too long, I really struggle. I love being around my friends but sometimes I just need a day or two to sit in my little bubble and re-charge and then I’m good to go again.
- My favourite book is The Book Thief and I don’t think I’ve sobbed at a book more.
- I’ve had my ears pierced since I was 5 or 6 years-old and I felt like the absolute bees knees walking into primary school because I’m 85% certain I was the first one out of my class to do it.
- Bon Iver is both my happy and sad music. Even though, disappointingly, ‘Beth/Rest’ is my least favourite song out of all of them.
- I don’t like to travel looking crap. If I’m hopping on trains, wherever the destination, I like to make an effort. I don’t know why. I don’t expect to meet anyone or have to impress people. But new clothes, good hair or a little splash of bangin’ lipstick always makes me feel a little more put together and will always accompany me on my travels.
- I believe I have been in love, once. Haven’t made up my mind on how I feel about it yet.
And so, there we have it. 7 facts about myself that a lot of people might not know. That means we’re best buds now, right?
To complete the challenge I also must tag 10 bloggers and nominate them to do the same. I may have broken the rules a teeny-weeny bit and chosen one or two bloggers with 1,000+ followers but, I’m sure you’ll forgive me, these are all amazing bloggers that regularly catch my attention or have interacted with me and made me feel welcome in the blogging community. So, ladies, to your blogging stations!
Have you ever been tagged to do a post like this? Feel free to drop the link in the comments, I’d love to get to know more about the people behind the blogs.